Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Sketch Fun



Hi! It's Aliza here. It's the first day of summer, and  everyone in my home is finally on summer vacation. It feels so good. In these lazier days of summer, what  better way to get some scrapbooking done than using a sketch for your design? Here's one for you designed by Nili:


Julie was inspired by the sketch to scrapbook photos of her daughter at preschool during the fall holidays. As a preschool teacher in a Jewish preschool, I particularly loved reading her journaling; It was a nice reminder, as I enjoy my summer vacation, why I do what I do. 

But back to Julie. Her journaling reads:

When your teachers gave me these pictures of you from the fall, it made me smile.  First of all, you look so much younger than you do now after finishing your first year of pre-school.  But also, it makes me proud to see how you're embracing the Jewish holidays and learning all our rich traditions.  Pictures from Fall 2011, written June 2012"


As for me, it"s been almost a year since my son's bar mitzvah, but I still love to reach into the stack of hundreds of photos, pull one out, and make a scrapbook layout. This is a picture of my brother in law and my nephew (who has since become a bar mitzvah himself).



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment