Sunday, June 13, 2010

Teacher Cards

With the school year coming to a close, I like to give a special thank-you to all of the teachers who made a difference in our lives during the year. Here's a thank you card that I made for one of my son's teachers. The cheerful Hanukkah papers are perfect for the younger teachers.

Since he is in a private kindergarten, we are allowed to give gifts to the teachers. I made a fold inside the card to hold a gift card. I trimmed it with a sticker from the same collection to match the front of the card.


Teachers have told me that they find the end of the year bittersweet saying good-bye to the children that they've come to know. A photo card is a good way to help them remember something special.

The photo in this card may look like a child eating a muffin, but it is actually a gluten-free, sesame-free, nut-free, kosher, chocolate chip muffin. The principal of the kindergarten went through a lot of trouble to find a treat that my food-challenged son could enjoy at the end of year breakfast. She has gone out of the way to make our lives easier all year, so I thought a photo card would be the perfect way to show her our appreciation. I used the Rosh Hashana collection for this card and colored a plain flower to match the background paper.

1 comment:

  1. these cards are beautiful-I'm going to use them as inspiration for kids' teachers cards.

    ReplyDelete