Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trip down memory lane

Today I invite you to take a trip down memory lane with me. Not very far away, just 11 years or so. When my now teenager with all that comes with this title, was a sweet and shy toddler. I found 2 pictures from Friday celebration at Lila's preschool. Every Friday morning the kids had a little shabbat ceremony with candles and "wine". (Is it really a wine bottle on the table? I couldn't read the label). One girl was chosen to be "ima shabbat" and one boy "aba shabbat". Lila looks slightly overwhelmed with the attention, the head scarf that she got to wear and all the commotion around the shabbat table.

I picked two papers from the Crafting Jewish Style Passover kit to be the base of the layout. Two pictures are mounted on kraft cardstock. I added punched borders and stitched two layers if ribbon, also from the Passover kit. The white doily looks like fancy shabbat tablecloth.

To spice up the bottom of the layout I colored some of the dots with smooch ink and added jewels. 
Now I am going to add this layout to Lila's baby album and work on her BBYO forms. 

P.S. I am totally aware that I spelled shabbat with one b, but it is going to stay that way :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Reminds me of my kids when they were Shabbat Ima and Abba-Boy does time fly! Love that you are still scrapping the older pics.

    ReplyDelete