Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scrapbooking Tip

Hi, it's Aliza here with a tip for you.

Sometimes I have an idea for a design that requires, say, three pictures. But as I look through my photos, I can only find two that look good. So I simply use one of  the photos twice, but change it up a little bit. In this super simple layout, the first and last photo are one and the same, but the second one is cropped closer up. I put the other photo in the middle to create some contrast.


Another variation you could use, is to print one in color and one in black and white. Then, voila! You have two different pictures to use.

Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Great tip and layout. Just a question for everyone-where do you print your photos? If you print them yourself, which printer do you recommend? I'm in the market for a new printer andI'd love some recommendations. The printer I have now devours ink and does not do a great job printing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually print at home. I have an HP photosmart 7400. It's a few years old already, and I think it does a decent job, for my purposes, at least. If I'm running low on ink, I'll print my pictures at my local CVS. (It's next door to me, so it's very convenient). If I want sizes smaller than 4x6, I make a 4x6 document in PSE, and size my pictures in that document. This allows me to print wallet size without getting 4 copies of the same picture, and 4x6's are the cheapest to print. Does that make sense?

      Delete