Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick New Year Cards

The High Holidays are very early this year. Just as I'm thinking about trying to fit in one more day at the beach, I have to start mailing my Rosh HaShana cards. I don't send a lot of cards, so I would like each one to be special. It's my personal opinion that even the simplest hand-made card is more personal than a store-bought card.Here's my formula for simple but quick handmade cards:
  1. Start with high quality cardstock. Remember the recipient will be handling the card, and even someone who has never done paper crafts will appreciate the feel of fine quality.
  2. Use beautiful patterned paper and cut it into an interesting shape, or one that includes a greeting.
  3. Add one more thing to give the card dimension and that personal feel. The one more thing can be a piece of ribbon, another layer of cardstock matting, or a simple embellishment.
Here's a lovely card from Lisa Spiegel. She used a similar formula, layering several patterned papers from the Rosh HaShana collection



I hope we've given you a few ideas to create some quick Rosh HaShana cards.

L'Shana Tova to you and your family!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, ladies! You've certainly inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'shana Tova to you too! The cards are beautiful and look quick to put together. Perfect for this hectic time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - I especially like Lisa's pomegranate!

    ReplyDelete