Sorry for the delay... Our June giveaway winner is...Lesli!!
Please contact us so that we can get out the prize package to you.
It's been a really hot summer so far here (nothing like last summer's rainy unseasonably cool weather) and while a dip in the pool or a trip to the beach is the way to go-especially if you have kids to entertain-sometimes there's nothing like a nice air conditioned environment to relax in.
Here's a great project to do together with your child or youth group, indoors (AC running) on a hot summer day. This cute paper mache wall/door hanging would also be a great pre-holiday make and take.
For this project I took a paper mache letter "S", my little one's initial, that I found in Michael's.
You will need:
Paper Mache letter
acrylic paint and foam brushes
wet glue or Mod Podge, brayer or bone folder
embellishments of your choice
hot glue gun
1. Paint the inner and outer sides pink (or the color of your choice), let dry.
2. Trace the front and back of the letter onto the back of your chosen scrapbook paper. I used the pink distressed polka dots from the Passover collection.
3. Adhere the papers to the letter with a wet adhesive (such as Zip Dry or Mod Podge). Smooth out any air bubbles with a brayer or bone folder. Let dry.
4. Ink the edges with a small stamp pad, in a coordinating color of your choice.
5. Embellish the front of your letter with flowers, buttons, wood shapes, etc.
6. Use a hot glue gun to attach a looped length of ribbon to the top of the letter. Hot glue a bow on top.
Viola! You're done!
Send us pictures of your version of this project or any layouts, cards or crafts featuring Crafting Jewish Style products. Submissions will be posted and our design team will vote on the winning one!