Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crafting Jewish Style June Guest Designer!! Keshet Shenkar!

This month, the talented Keshet Shenkar was our Guest Designer. Her use of white space and her whimsical titles are not only inspiring but just plain fun! Let's take a few minutes to get to know her better!

Lisa-Hi, Keshet! Please tell us something about yourself:


-Keshet-My name is Keshet, I'm 24 years old, and I live in Elizabeth, NJ with my wonderful husband, Steve, who is very funny and smart and makes an awesome chili in under ten minutes. I am currently studying for the bar by day and scrapbooking by night, an interesting combination! For more about my (rather ordinary) life, check out my blog, Over the Rainbow www.overtherainbow-keshet.blogspot.com. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few fun facts about me:

--I used to live in Hawaii.
--I have really green eyes.
--I didn't know how to boil pasta until I was 19 (but now I'm really into baking from scratch--go figure!)


Lisa-How did you get started in scrapbooking?
Keshet-It's a funny story, actually! My father is a business professor who consults for companies sometimes, and he consulted with a scrapbooking company when I was around 16 years old. The company gave him a bag of free product, which he promptly stuck in the basement. I came across the bag one day and the rest is history! I haven't stopped for 10 years now!

Lisa-Where do you go for scrappy inspiration?

Keshet-Everywhere--scrapbooking blogs and online galleries, photography and decor sites, Anthropologie and Pottery Barn, stationary stores...there are so many options!


Lisa-If you were stuck on a desert island, what 5 scrappy things couldn't you live without and why?

Keshet-1. My paper trimmer. Can't scrap without it!
2. Border punches. A new obsession during the past year, but I can't scrap without them now.
3. Label stickers. I finally started organizing them all together because I love them so much!
4. Anything fabric. I think it's such a fun cool trend!
5. Spray mist. It's like painting for the lazy:)


I hope you enjoyed getting to know Keshet a little better...here is her fabulous work for the month...ENJOY!!



2 comments:

  1. Whoa, Keshet!!! your layouts are amazing!!
    I love your off the page designs-do you have any backgroung in design/graphics/layout-or are you just plain talented? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa thanks for a great interview- I love Keshet's layouts, and learning a bit about her and her designs and inspirations.

    ReplyDelete