1) My first tip for you would be to turn off the flash!
2) Try capturing a reflection of the candles for even more glow:
It sets a VERY subtle mood to photograph this setting. :) We like to light our Hanukkiahs in the window and I love the look of the reflection.
3) Put the candles in focus, not the people:
4) Try a different angle to get a feel for the evening:
5) Don't forget to capture the fun in action!!
6) Don't forget to take pictures of the decor:
7) Photograph the FUN!!
Hope you are enjoying our 8 Days of Hanukkah so far...please let us know in the comments section how you capture the best Hanukkah memories with your camera for your chance to win a prize!